The use, possession, or sale of firearms, other weapons, or any dangerous explosives or explosive elements or component parts on university property is strictly prohibited.
Weapons are defined as, but not limited to:
- Any gun, bow, crossbow, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile or projectile of any kind, including any pistol, revolver, rifle, musket, long gun, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material; or any object similar in appearance whether capable of being fired or not, in such a manner as to induce fear in the mind of a reasonable person;
- Any stun weapon, including any device that emits a momentary or pulsed output, which is electrical, audible, optical, or electromagnetic in nature and is designed to temporarily incapacitate a person;
- Any knife, including but not limited to any dirk, bowie knife, switchblade knife, ballistic knife, machete, sword, saber, or razor, except a pocket knife having a folding metal blade less than three inches;
- Any slingshot, spring stick, metal knucks, or blackjack;
- Any flailing instrument consisting of one or more rigid parts connected in such a manner as to allow them to swing freely, which may be known as a nun chahka, nun chuck, nunchaku, shuriken, or fighting chain;
- Any disc, of any configuration, having at least two points or pointed blades which is designed to be thrown or propelled and which may be known as a throwing star or oriental dart;
- Any frame, receiver, muffler, silencer, missile, projectile or ammunition designed for use with a dangerous weapon, including any cartridge, pellet, ball, missile or projectile adapted for use in a firearm;
- Any explosive substance or explosive device, if such substance or device is intended to be used as a weapon that causes but not limited to bodily harm of another person; any person who constructs, uses, places, sends, or causes to be sent any hoax explosive device so as to intentionally cause another person to believe that such device is a bomb or explosive;
- Any tear gas, mustard gas, phosgene gas or other noxious or nauseating gasses or mixtures of chemicals designed to, and capable of, producing vile or injurious or nauseating odors or gasses, if such gas or chemical is intended to be used as a weapon to cause bodily injury to another person(s).
No student, faculty, staff, visitor, or affiliate shall carry, possess, maintain, or conceal weapons on any property owned or controlled by Fairfax University of America. This includes concealed handgun carry permits. The security officers that FXUA has contracted with are permitted to carry weapons on property owned by Fairfax University of America.