Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence
and Machine Learning (MSAIML) Degree Program Overview
Increasing technological advancements have made understanding artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) vital skills in many industries. At Fairfax University of America in Virginia, we offer a Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (MSAIML) for students, whether or not they have earned a prior computer science degree program. This program at our campus in the Washington, D.C., area contributes to our mission of empowering students to achieve professional growth and be transformative leaders in a global society.
Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Degree Program Objectives
Students enrolled in our MSAIML program must earn 36 credits to graduate. 12 of these credits are core courses, six are career application courses, and the remaining 18 are AI and ML specializations. The coursework features a combination of theory and practice, examining traditional and cutting-edge concepts in the topic.
The program offers the flexibility for students with different backgrounds in AI and ML to pursue an education. Undergraduate students and professionals working in computer science positions can benefit from this instruction and coursework. To expand their knowledge of AI and ML, students also can obtain additional credentials in related topics. The Office of Micro-Credentials offers the following micro-credentials for students in the MSAIML program:
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer (ALMLE)
- AI Specialist (AISP)
- AWS Machine Learning Engineer (AWSMLE)
- Robotic Process Automation Programmer (RPAP)
While this program is open to people with various levels of technological experience, students need basic skills for success in this program. Prerequisite classes may need to be completed before progressing to the core courses. Students should review our graduate program admission requirements and the curriculum overview to ensure they meet the necessary criteria for enrollment.
MSAIML Degree Program Course Work
Through this master’s program at Fairfax University of America, students will hone the essential proficiencies needed to be innovative leaders at numerous organizations. Each course focuses on a specific aspect of AI and ML, but the overall outcomes include:
- Applying AI and ML algorithms to devise intelligent solutions to real-world challenges and automate AI system and part development
- Implementing ethical, legal, and social principles regarding technology in AI and ML applications
- Facilitating effective communication between co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Creating human behavior models to design human-AI systems and assess their performance
- Enhancing the efficiency of integrated systems to augment human understanding and productivity
Career Outlook With An Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Master’s Degree
Since AI and ML incorporate leading technologies, students in this master’s program develop the capabilities to be competent problem-solvers at businesses in nearly every sector, from finance to healthcare.
The following job titles are some of the most rewarding career paths for students completing the MSAIML program. The average annual salaries as stated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) are included:
- Computer and Information Research Scientist ($126,830)
- Software Developer ($105,310 to $110,140)
- Computer Programmer ($89,190)
- AI and ML Instructor ($85,540)
Earn Your Master’s of Artificial Intelligence
and Machine Learning Degree
Earn your master’s in artificial intelligence and machine learning from a school committed to student success. At Fairfax University of America, we offer an affordable business-focused education at our institution in Virginia, providing students the flexibility to pursue advanced training in their fields while managing other life responsibilities.