Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) Degree Program Overview
Project management is the planning and execution of a specific activity or event at an organization or business. Project managers establish goals for these initiatives and allocate resources and personnel to ensure they come to fruition. At Fairfax University of America, we help students become effective project managers and transformative leaders through our Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) degree program.
Master of Science in Project Management Degree Program Objectives
Those who participate in this project management degree program gain proficiency in operational and technical concepts required for a leadership position in this vast career field. Students with multiple professional and educational backgrounds will learn the following skills in the MSPM program:
- Displaying leadership when crafting project plans and assessing the outcomes
- Understanding the language associated with project launches, implementation, and completion
- Recognizing the difference between a project and daily operations
- Applying realistic budgetary restraints on initiatives
- Formulating solutions that work within the limitations of schedule, scope, and time for the project
- Leveraging technological competencies, strategies, and tools to meet objectives
- Utilizing oral and written communication skills to share ideas with co-workers
- Taking an ethical approach to all business tasks
- Fostering an appreciation for cultural diversity and acceptance of varied perspectives
MSPM Degree Program Course Work
The MSPM program requires students to obtain 36 credit hours to graduate, which equates to 12 courses. The coursework includes four cores, six specializations, and two thesis courses. Also, students who graduate from the master’s project management degree program can pursue additional courses to prepare for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
The instructors who teach these classes have extensive knowledge of the topics and receive further training as the curriculum evolves. You can learn more about specific professors at Fairfax University of America by exploring our faculty directory.
If a prospective student does not have a business background and experience in project management, and their bachelor’s degree is not related to business and management, they must complete prerequisite courses. Our graduate program admission requirements further explain the criteria applicants need to enroll at our academic institution.
Career Outlook With A Project Management Degree
Students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to find employment in numerous organizations and businesses upon graduating from our MSPM program. Besides preparing students for their professional careers, the master’s in project management degree provides a foundation for them to continue their education and develop a deeper understanding of leadership.
The following job titles are some of the most rewarding career paths for students completing the MSPM program. The average annual salaries as stated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) are included:
· Construction Manager ($97,180)
· Cost Estimator ($66,610)
· General and Operations Manager ($115,120)
· Industrial Production Manager ($108,790)
· Procurement Manager ($72,270)
· Project Manager ($80,220)
Earn Your Master of Science in Project Management
For an affordable, business-focused education in project management, turn to the MSPM program at Fairfax University of America. Our goal is to empower students to become transformative leaders in a multi-dimensional and global society while helping them achieve greater personal and professional growth.