Veterans Education Benefits

How to apply for Veterans Education Benefits at FXUA

  1. Submit application for Veterans Education Benefits to the VA Office
    To receive educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs, students must first apply. There are 3 ways to apply:

    1. Fill out Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP) application online.
    2. Download Application For VA Education Benefits and mail to:
      VA Regional Processing Office
      P.O. Box 4616
      Buffalo, NY 14240
    3. Apply in person at VA Regional Office.
      If you have any trouble with either the online application or the paper version, please visit or contact the VA Education Center at 1-888-GIBILL1
  2. Complete Admissions process at FXUA and register for classes.  
    After your VA benefits have been approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility. This document must be submitted to Fairfax University of America. FXUA must certify your enrollment before your benefits can be paid.

    Note: You do not have to have your Certificate of Eligibility to apply to and register for classes at FXUA. You are encouraged to complete the Admissions application process as early as possible.

    Once you have registered for your courses, you will need to meet with the FXUA Certifying Official to discuss your education benefits. They will explain to you the process of certifying your enrollment and ensure that your benefits are paid for the classes in which you have registered.

  3. Submit the Certificate of Eligibility provided by the VA Office to FXUA Certifying Official before you start classes. 
    For administrative purposes, please provide the Certificate of Eligibility to the FXUA Certifying Official before you start classes.


Eligibility can only be determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Fairfax University of America cannot determine what benefits you will be awarded.

The Department of Veterans Affairs offers many online resources to assist you with determining which VA Education Assistance programs may apply to you:

Change in Enrollment Status

Students receiving educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs are required to promptly notify both the VA and Fairfax University of America of any enrollment, program and/or address changes. These changes have the potential of affecting the benefits being provided by the VA. To notify FXUA of any such changes, please contact the FXUA Certifying Official by email.