Fairfax University of America is proud to assist United States Military, Veterans and their dependents, who are eligible for Post 9/11 GI Bill, Chapter 33 benefits offered through the Department of Veterans Affairs.

FXUA’s Certifying Officials will guide you throughout the veterans education benefits application and admission process and make the process of enrolling in university courses as simple as possible.

The Post 9/11 GI BI is available for those who have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service and are still on active duty after Sept. 10, 2001. You may also be eligible to qualify if you are an honorably discharged Veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days.

Frequently Asked Question

Only the Department of Veterans Administration can answer this question. We recommend that you contact the VA Education Center at 1-888-442-4551 for assistance with determining if you qualify for these benefits. They will be best able to explain what benefits you are entitled to.

The first thing you should do is apply to FXUA online. Once you have applied online, you will need to submit the required admissions documents and fees associated with the program in which you plan to enroll. For information on application requirements, we suggest that you visit the Admissions section of the website. If you need assistance throughout the admissions process, please feel free to contact an Admissions Officer. Once you complete the admissions process and are accepted into the university, you will be registered for classes!

Congratulations! Now that you have your acceptance letter, you are ready to register for your classes. You should first contact your admissions advisor to check in at the university and then see your academic advisor to register for classes. Your academic advisor will assist you with picking the appropriate courses for your degree program. Once you have registered for your courses you will need to meet with the FXUA Certifying Official to discuss your education benefits. They will explain to you the process of certifying your enrollment and ensure that the veterans’ education benefits are paid for the classes in which you have registered.

Yes. You are encouraged to apply to FXUA as early as possible, even if you have not received your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA. You can apply, be accepted, and register for classes without having this form in hand. This form is required for FXUA to certify your enrollment with the VA, and to ensure that you receive the benefits in which you are entitled. This form must be received by the first day of classes.

Changing your address is very simple. Just log into your student portal to make any necessary updates.

All students receiving veterans education benefits from the VA are required to meet with the Certifying Official at FXUA immediately if there is a change in their enrollment. Both FXUA and the student are required to contact the VA with these changes within 30 days of the enrollment change. Any change to enrollment many affect the benefits being provided to the student.