Fairfax University of America’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
FXUA Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation from Fairfax University of America, students will be able to:
- Think critically and creatively
- Communicate effectively in speech & in writing
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in a scholarly discipline, and understand that discipline in relation to the larger world
- Work productively as individuals and in groups
- Use reason to make decisions based on an understanding of ethics and a respect for diversity to make a positive contribution to society.
As a community of students, staff, and faculty drawn from diverse national, cultural, and social backgrounds, FXUA aims to improve the environment in which freedom of thought and diverse interpretations of human experiences are cherished. It is our hope and expectation that each member of the university will develop a greater awareness of, and responsiveness to, fellow members as well as to those beyond our campus who are less privileged. In the fulfillment of this mission, the university shall seek an efficient use of all available resources to ensure the quality of service to its students, faculty, and staff. The ultimate goal of FXUA is no less than to graduate scholars of moral, intellectual, and professional excellence who will not only make a better life for themselves and their families, but who will lead the way to a better world for everyone.
In order to further the mission and philosophy of the university, FXUA is committed to the following strategic goals:
- To recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty and staff to support teaching, research, and the service mission of the university
- To elevate the university’s learning environment in order to attract and retain excellent students from all over the world as well as from the US
- To offer learning experiences beyond the classroom that enhance traditional instruction and prepare students for the global workforce
- To offer an up-to-date curriculum that is relevant, ensuring each student has the following competencies: to think critically, to reason analytically, to solve problems realistically, and to communicate clearly
- To endeavor to provide successful employment placement options for students