Ed.D. Organizational Development, George Washington University
Master of Science, Accounting, George Mason University
Master of Business, Accounting & Finance, Northeastern University
Bachelors, Accounting & Finance, James Madison University
International Finance and Operations
VICE PRESIDENT & CONTROLLER
- Supervise accounting staff in support of accounting operations including general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, and joint venture operations.
- Coordinate monthly closing process for parent, subsidiary corporations, and joint venture operations including consolidation with Corporate parent.
- Analyze and report on financial metrics to senior management on an ongoing basis to included indirect rate variances, actual to budget variances, metrics analysis, and profit / loss analysis.
- Coordinate filings of all statutory state, local, federal tax, and international returns and financial statements with Corporate tax department including gross receipt and other locality specific tax and business registration requirements.
- Responsible for managing the Cost and Pricing function for all federal divisions including identification and assessment of regulatory changes and impact on current operations, policies and practices, TINA compliance, and identification and implementation of industry best practices as appropriate.
- Act as DCAA/DCMA, public accounting, and other client audit liaison in response to proposal audits, year-end financial audits, incurred cost audits, CAS compliance audits, proposal audits, closeout audits and other audits as initiated by client.
- Oversight of ASC 606 revenue recognition compliance to include coordination and monthly review of project estimates to complete, estimated revenue projections, and other project performance metrics to ensure appropriate accounting treatment.
- Act as functional lead in ongoing Oracle / Costpoint process improvement efforts including scheduling activities, resource communication, business technology interface, testing, and other activities to ensure coordination of business requirements and technology improvements.
- Coordinate implementation of best practice applications including dashboard and other digital capital tools, organizational restructuring initiatives, business process and procedural improvement initiatives, and staff training.
- Provide project support including guidance to Mentor-Protégé firms and small business teaming partners in development of indirect rate structure, and policies and procedure development.
- Coordinate annual budgeting process and ongoing forecasting requirements with finance, operations and executive leadership team.
- Support financial accounting, operations, and complex taxation issues for International government contracting group including operations in Egypt, Lebanon, Lesotho, Pakistan, Nepal, and other developing countries.
MANAGER – SPECIAL PROJECTS / CONSULTING
- Coordinate business development, staffing, and proposal efforts related to consulting practice initiative implemented at the Headquarters level.
- Responsible for the identification of, proposal coordination and development, subcontractor alliance, pricing, negotiation and administration of multimillion dollar Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) Certification contract award by the United States Small Business Administration.
- Provide direct support to clients in the achievement of SDB status via application preparation services including disadvantaged narrative research and preparation.
- Provide consulting assistance to mid-sized firms in numerous operating and administrative areas including pre-audit assistance, indirect rate reviews and labor floorcheck audits.
- Support Corporate functional areas in activities such as DCAA audit responses, preparation of multimillion dollar termination for convenience claim and other specialized activities.
- Responsible for review and negotiation of all facility leases, office relocations and related matters for 20 offices nationwide.
MANAGER – INTERNAL AUDIT
- Establish the internal audit function, develop internal audit programs for various operating functions and conduct internal audits in accordance with risk identification efforts.
- Develop the internal audit department budget and monitor adherence.
- Communicate audit deficiencies with senior management, recommend corrective actions and perform follow-up actions as appropriate.
- Support operations in the audit and negotiation of multimillion dollar requests for equitable adjustment.
Emerging accounting and finance topics (ASC 606 Revenue Recognition/ASC 842 – Lease accounting)
Crisis management strategies
ACCT 698 and 699 – Master Thesis I&II
MBA 605 – Auditing
MBA 654 – Accounting Information Systems (Graduate level)
ACCT 305 – Accounting Information Systems (Undergraduate level)
MBA 608 – Financial Statement Analysis & Decision Making
MBA 511 – Managerial Accounting & Finance
ACCT 202 – Managerial Accounting (Undergraduate level)
MBA 636 – Managerial Accounting (Graduate level)
ACCT 201 – Principles of Financial Accounting
MBA 610 – Taxation of Business Entities
ACCT 600 – Cost Accounting
MBA 538 – Compensation and Benefits
ACCT 601 – Advanced Financial Accounting
MBA 620 – Long Term Financial Decisions
PSC Government Affairs Committee
PSC Contracts & Cash Flow Committee
Ralph Upstone Stone Award
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) – sponsored through the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) ‑ sponsored through Association of Government Accountants.
- Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) ‑ sponsored through National Contract Management Association (NCMA).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – sponsored through the Information Systems and Control Association.
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) – sponsored through the Institute of Internal Auditors
Fairfax University of America
4401 Village Drive 2nd Floor
Fairfax, VA 22030