Some FXUA students would like to bring their spouses and/or children to the United States while they complete their studies or participate in Optional Practical Training (OPT). To request an I-20 for a spouse and/or a child, the student must submit the following via email to email@example.com.
Spouse – (Wife/Husband)
- Certified Marriage Certificate (translated in English if not already)
- Copy of the Spouse’s Passport (Biographical Page)
- Evidence of Proof of Financial Support for yourself and spouse.
- Certified Birth Certificate (translated in English if not already)
- Copy of the Child’s Passport (Biographical Page)
- Evidence of Proof of Financial Support for yourself and child/children.
The Proof of Financial Support must cover at least one year of the F-1 students’ yearly expenses plus the dependent’s expenses. The expenses are as follows:
- 1st Dependent = $4,000
- Each additional dependent = 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc…. = $2,000 (additionally)
Please Note: Proof of Financial Support documents must be no older than 6 months from the date of submission.
*Please remember that there is no guarantee that the spouse and children will be granted a visa to travel to the United States. This decision is solely up to the US Embassy/Consulate.