The mission of the School of Computer Information Systems at Fairfax University of America is to prepare graduates to serve as leading practitioners in the field of computing in a global context and to enable them to realize their dreams through academic excellence. The school provides a world-class education in the computing discipline from diverse faculty who are experts in the fields of computer science, information systems, and information technology.
The school’s core mission is achieved through the following learning objectives:
- Apply various critical thinking and programming skills tailored to professional objectives
- Recognize and utilize a variety of tools for technical and operational aspects of IT project management
- Maintain and understand knowledge of current and future trends in computer technology
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a variety of invested individuals
- Facilitate practices and procedures with social, ethical and legal understandings of technologies