READY TO EMBARK ON FXUA JOURNEY?
Future leaders and researchers will need to balance the goals of economic success with the constraints of greater social and environmental sustainability and globalization. Graduates learn to close the gap between core business management capability with changing human and information resources and innovative technology, while nurturing the entrepreneurial mindset that has always been one of the key characteristics to successful businesses. The master’s program additionally further develops students’ research and critical thinking capabilities to find solutions for business management and technological problems.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and collaboration skills for making decisions and accomplish goals that contributes to positive social changes.
- Synthesize and analyze empirical data and integrate it with business knowledge and technological skills to recommend credible and innovative solutions to organizations’ problems.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, new business ideas and trends for development of effective and sustainable organizational policies and strategies.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to disseminate administrational and operational information across diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices in ambiguous or unfamiliar circumstances.
- Identify and explain complex business problems in terms of technologically savvy analytical models.
- Utilize big data (both qualitative and quantitative) to analyze business problems and recommend financially and socially feasible decisions to managers.
- Research, identify and analyze efficiency and productivity gaps existing among products and services, processes, and resources in business organizations.
- Develop and implement plans for organizations to redefine and strategize for lean operations, asset maximizations, quality control, cost minimization, and building institutional capability.
- Develop business plans and strategies for consulting organizations to manage and develop internal organizational capacities.
- Connect qualitative and quantitative tools, theories, and context to effectively develop and innovate new business opportunities.
Graduates from the MSMIS program should be able to provide leadership and research capacity to a variety of business settings. The MSMIS Program develops specialized knowledge for continuing education and growth in all fields of existing and new business ventures. Graduates of the Master of Science in MIS can anticipate the following types of professional careers at the management, director, and executive levels:
- Management analyst
- Financial and risk analysts
- Business intelligence analysts
- Business research analysts
- Investment analysts/director
- Operations Managers
- Supply Chain Analysts
- Program and design specialists
- Business development specialists
- Business process optimization analysts/ consultants
- Business process design directors
- Customer optimization specialists
- Chief information officers
- Operations Managers
- Information Resource Manages
- Sales engineers
- Chief Executives
- Design innovation consultant