READY TO EMBARK ON YOUR FXUA JOURNEY?
The Master of Science in Accounting (MSAC) degree program is designed to provide mastery of both technical and operational competencies for students and professionals with financial, accounting, management, and general business backgrounds who are seeking positions in Accounting.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply concepts of accounting theory and practice in a variety of business settings.
- Analyze complex financial and managerial accounting problems and formulate, communicate and explain recommendations to decision makers.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate fundamental accounting and tax principles and techniques effectively both in writing and orally.
- Construct GAAP compliant financial statements including the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, and statement of stockholder’s equity, and understand their interrelationships.
- Evaluate accounting practices from ethical, legal, and regulatory perspectives while considering the interests of diverse stakeholders.
- Integrate accounting principles and enterprise technology solutions to maximize value recognized by organizations.
The Masters of Science in Accounting degree program is earned by completing 30 semester credits of coursework and 6 semester credits of thesis work beyond the required courses.
Students graduating from the MS in Accounting program should be prepared to provide leadership a variety of financial and accounting settings. The MS in Accounting program develops the foundation for continuing education and leadership in all fields of accounting. Graduates of the MS in Accounting Program can anticipate jobs in the following types of careers at the management, director and executive levels:
- Accounting Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Environmental Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Financial Planner
- Fraud Investigator
- Internal Auditor
- Payroll Staff, Manager
- Risk Manager
- Strategic Planner
- Tax Specialist
- Postsecondary Business Teacher